Monday 21 May 2012

Jackie Chan debunks retirement rumours

Jackie Chan, the popular martial arts actor has debunked rumours of his retirement.

The actor, who was quoted as saying he is too old for stunts during an interview at the Cannes Film Festival, sent a message to his fans on his official page that he will "continue to do international action movies".

Culled:googleimage



Although he admitted granting the interview, he cautioned that the newspaper reports were quoting him out of context.

"Yesterday in my press conference in Cannes for Chinese 12 Zodiac, I said that this movie was my last big action movie. Today I was shocked when I woke up to read all the news coverage that I was retiring from doing Action movies," he said.

"I just want to let everyone know that I am not retiring from doing action movies. What I meant to say is that I need to do less of the life risking stunts on my movies. After all these years of doing so many stunts and breaking so many bones, I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working."

The actor had been quoted to have said: "This is my last action film. I am not young any more. I am really, really tired. The world is too violent right now. It's a dilemma - I love fighting. I like action. but I don't like violence".



Pics:googleimage

The screen legend said he wanted to take on more serious roles and emulate the success of Robert De Niro.

"I don't just want to be an action star, I want to be a true actor. I want to get rid of my image. I want the audience to know I'm not only a comedian. I can act. Day by day, year by year, I'm going to show you the real Jackie Chan," he added.

Chan began his career as a stuntman working with Bruce Lee in the films 'Fist of Fury' and 'Enter the Dragon' in the early 1970's but his big break came in the 1978 film 'Snake in the Eagle's Shadow'.
Culled:dailytimesnigeria

No comments: